Reduction of the VAT rate to 5%:
- tropical and citrus fruits, some types of nuts;
- all types of bread, including cookies;
- cereals, flour, starch or milk products;
- books in all forms (printed, e-books, stored on data carriers);
- soups, broths, homogenized and dietetic foods;
- food products for infants and children, teats, nappies, and car seats;
- personal hygiene articles.
Reduction of the VAT rate to 8%:
- mustard and some processed spices;
- newspapers, journals, and magazines in all formats (printed, e-books, stored on data carriers).
VAT rate increase includes:
- selected unprocessed spices – from 5% to 8%;
- specialist magazines (except regional and local) – from 5% to 8%;
- shellfish, mollusks, and aquatic invertebrates, as well as preparations and meals in which they are an ingredient – from 8% to 23%;
- ice used for food storage and refrigeration – from 8% to 23%.
Need to get and/or to remain compliant? Get in touch!